Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Late on the Reebok Recall

I was looking up this shoe on line because I have a pair.  I got them about 2 years ago fro T J Maxx.  I thought they were great except for one thing...they seemed a little off balance due to the high cushion on the bottom.  I thought it was just me not having ever worn a shoe like this before.  It is the Reebok Simplytone.  It is the one that was part of the recall and class action suit back in 2009. After finding this out I was shocked.  All claims were paid out by 2011 and Reebok had to pay millions.  I totally missed out on this.  The thing I wonder most is why was this shoe still being sold AFTER the class action?  I know that the discount outlet stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx sell things that are past season.  I guess these were sitting around in their wharehouse AFTER the lawsuit was over. 
 
The shoes have been okay.  I have adjusted to the feeling the high cushion on the sole gives.  I have found my balance.  I was having some sore leg and foot issues about 5 months ago and they were the most comfortable shoe I have that is soft an cushy.  They felt the best when I wore shoes.  Now I am not sure what to do with them.
 
The class action says the shoes are not made properly and actually cause knee and hip issues. I wear them so infrequently that I had not noticed any issues with mine.  I guess I will keep them BUT  I will be looking for  a new pair of athletic shoes in the next two weeks. You just never know! I paid $40 for these shoes.  If I had know I could have gotten a voucher for  new pair of Reeboks.

What do women want? Shoes! ~~Mimi Pond

0 Broken Heels: